Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's a Wedding!

         Just a short blog about going to a Vietnamese wedding today. Our program assistant’s friend got married and invited us to the wedding party. The ceremony itself takes place at the house but the party is a public event. The reception was 10am-noon (very short!). The bride and groom greet everyone at the door and then walk in. The parents go on stage and say some words (I couldn’t understand what happened there). They then set off fireworks on the stage inside the building which is pretty cool and balloons rise to the ceiling where a row of nails awaits. The balloons pop and raise a banner. I am not sure how the banner then stays up… After this the bride and groom walk around
and get pictures with every table. It was a lot of fun =)
         For the wedding I got an Áo Dà, traditional Vietnamese dress. Apparently a tall figure is ideal for these. My host mom got pretty excited and my host Dad mentioned something to the effect of “Vietnamese boy might go unconscious, very good!” and then laughed. At the wedding I got my pictures with a bunch of random people. It was rather comical. They wanted us students to sing a song too which happens everywhere we go. Kind of unfortunate because I can’t sing ha ha. Maybe this trip will improve my performance skills…
The gang + bride and groom. 


Crazy shot!

Seafood Soup at the wedding.

Brides Mom.

Feeding Frenzy
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment